Dear Maplewood Families,
We are so excited to see our students on Zoom, BLEND, and SeeSaw tomorrow, September 8 for the first (virtual) day of school. Please remember that the first four weeks of the 2020-2021 school year will be conducted remotely in an effort to keep our students, families, and staff safer at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
While we have been working hard over the past few weeks to create engaging, effective learning opportunities for our students, we know there will likely be glitches in the process. We ask for your continued patience and grace as we navigate virtual schooling this fall. Your student’s homeroom teacher should be your first point of contact if you have any questions about the curriculum or course content, but the AISD Technology Help Desk, the entire Maplewood staff, and I are also here to help. We are truly all in this together.
Here are a few documents designed to support us during the remote learning period:
- AISD has created some very helpful Caregivers’ Guides to Using SeeSaw & BLEND on iPads & Chromebooks in English and Spanish.
- The Maplewood Community BLEND Course accessible through the AISD portal, contains schedules and peacemakers (which we are not allowed to list publicly on our website), a list of faculty members, links to PTA information, etc.
- AISD’s Open for Learning website includes WiFi bus schedules, free meal sites, technology support, and more.
- Maplewood’s website includes a campus calendar, answers to frequently asked questions, family support resources, and more.
- AISD’s recommendations for apps for “Bring Your Own Devices” can be found here.
- 3rd-5th grade families using Chromebooks: there have been a few reports of Chromebooks requiring updates in order to be compatible with Zoom. Should you encounter an error message while trying to connect to Zoom, please follow the instructions on this “How to Power Wash Your Chromebook” document.
All Maplewood BLEND courses should be published and available for viewing by 7am each school day. Please contact your child’s teacher or email me if you need assistance. We will look forward to seeing you online soon!
With deepest gratitude for our amazing Maplewood community,
Amanda Braziel, Maplewood Librarian and Campus Innovation Connector