Volunteers are the heart and soul of our School and are an integral part to the success of our School and students. Just a few of the rewards from volunteering are: your time saves our school resources; your commitment brings people in the school community together; your presence on campus and during activities makes your children proud to see you being involved and helping out (not to mention setting a great example for them); and most importantly, you are making a difference!
There are many ways to get involved in the Maplewood community from mentoring and tutoring students, helping with events, taking on leadership roles, beautifying campus grounds, fundraising, advocacy, communications, health and fitness, food pantry, office help and much more!
Any gift of time, small or big will help out tremendously. Our School could not do it all without the help of our volunteers. We look forward to meeting you.
How To Volunteer in 3 Easy Steps:
- Login to MySchoolAnywhere.com . Account registration is required for participation in volunteer sign-ups. You can download the Mobile App: iTunes and Google Play
- Go to the Sign-Ups page and find volunteer opportunities
- Sign Up!
Austin Partners in Education (APIE) requires a background check for all volunteers who work alone with students such as mentoring and tutoring without faculty or staff supervision. It is a good safety measure for anyone who is volunteering in a location regularly, such as the library or office area to register for the free background check thru www.austinpartners.org. Please expect clearance within 7-10 business days.
- Go to www.austinpartners.org
- Click on the blue-round Volunteer button
- Then click on the round School-Based Volunteer button
- Skip the donation and click on link to continue to registration without donation
- Select Maplewood Elementary thru drop-down menu
- Select volunteer opportunity, fill out information and submit
For more information on background checks, contact the school administration. For more information about how to volunteer, contact PTA Presidents at firstname.lastname@example.org