Volunteers are the heart and soul of our School. Volunteering your time saves allows our teachers and administrators to focus more time on educating children.
There are many ways to get involved in the Maplewood community: mentoring and tutoring students, helping with events, taking on leadership roles, beautifying campus grounds, fundraising, advocacy, communications, health and fitness, food pantry, office help and much more!
How To Volunteer in 3 Easy Steps:
- Login into your Membership Toolkit account .
- Go to the Sign-Ups page and find volunteer opportunities
- Sign Up!
Account registration is required for participation in volunteer sign-ups. You can download the Mobile App: iTunes and Google Play. Talk directly with Mrs Braziel for library opportunities.
Austin Partners in Education (APIE) requires a background check for all volunteers who work alone with students such as mentoring and tutoring without faculty or staff supervision. It is a good safety measure for anyone who is volunteering in a location regularly, such as the library or office area to register for the free background check thru www.austinpartners.org.
- Go to www.austinpartners.org
- Click on the blue-round Volunteer button
- Then click on the round School-Based Volunteer button
- Skip the donation and click on link to continue to registration without donation
- Select Maplewood Elementary thru drop-down menu
- Select volunteer opportunity, fill out information and submit
For more information on background checks, contact the school administration. For more information about how to volunteer, contact PTA Presidents at firstname.lastname@example.org