PTA Board Meeting
March 7, 2019
5:00 – 6:00 PM, Maplewood Library
- Approve January 10th meeting minutes (Kim)
- Budget (Bryan)
- Review-include “Endowment discussion”
- $700 revenue generated from Amplify Austin
- Amendments requested
- Library and Makerspace personnel till end of year: $500
- Administrative support items: electric stapler, pencil sharpener (Cherille has both, so can ask her)
- Green Teams Camping Trip: $250
- “Screenagers” childcare & food: $100 for childcare ad 25 pizzas; have $150 toward it already from a parent donation. It would be to cover the remaining pizza cost ($75)
- Teacher Update (Mary and Jennifer)
- Parent walk
- Parent conferences
- Science Fair success and request for team of support next year
- Maplewood Olympics coming up
- Feedback Next Steps – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KzO8Ig7clAS3Uu7fou7GTLPemm18PbqArjbGY2C6eHM/edit?usp=sharing
- Committee Updates
- Spring Fling Committee
- Gardening & Landscaping
- CAC Update- Enrollment issues, BTO and AP for next year- Need 500 kids to get an AP, we have 487, how can you help us get 13 more?
- State Advocacy Committee update (Billie Jo)
- Nominating Committee
- First question: Who would still like to participate next year?
- Fall Fest & Spring fling (Tori)
- Date suggestions & planning team
- New news:
- Cost of absences – For every day a student is absent from class, AISD loses $45 in revenue from the state. By contrast, if we raise the attendance rate by just one percent district-wide, it would result in an additional $5.9 million per year in state revenue.
- Student Data Review at CAC
- Request for community discussion on creating inclusive communities for SPED students.
- Upcoming Events:
- Is there a volunteer appreciation day scheduled?
- Teacher appreciation in May 10
- Garden Work Day THIS Saturday, March 9 from 9am-noon
|March||Thurs/Friday||14-15||During School Hours||Mustang Olympics|
|April||Tues||2||9 – 10:30||Kinder Round UP|
|April||Thurs||4||5:30 – 6:30 PM||PTA Board Meeting & General Membership Meeting|
|April||Sat||13||11:00 AM -2:00 PM||Spring Fling|