In a letter sent to families on March 20th, Austin ISD announces at-home learning initiatives — both online and available for pick-up — during school closures:
Dear AISD families,
We are pleased to announce that the Austin ISD Learning At-Home Website has launched.
As the community comes together, we are providing learning activities for you and your students while we are away from the classroom. The district has created this Learning At-Home website, complete with online courses and recommended learning resources for all grade levels. First and foremost, we want to ensure that our students are healthy and safe as we continue to connect as one AISD family.
- This website is intended for caretakers, students, and teachers to access ideas for learning and enrichment opportunities.
- The resources on this site are intended to provide optional enrichment during the current cancellation of classes. They are presented with community and human connection in mind.
- Resources include a range of ideas for online and offline activities that students can work on at home independently, with family members, or with other adults. Some of these activities may require guidance from an adult to get started.
- Next Wednesday, hand-on activities for elementary students will be available at the grab-on-go lunch sites that the district has organized for students who have limited access to devices and internet.
- Please continue to check the Austin ISD Coronavirus website for updates: austinisd.org/coronavirus
Find the direct link at: https://sites.google.com/austinisd.org/aisd-learning-at-home.
Lisa Goodnow, PhD
Associate Superintendent of Academics and Social and Emotional Learning